Hello all,
Continuing with photos from the archives. The container in the arrangement, above, is one I made many years ago and have used it here with tarnished, copper pipes and blue iris.
The arrangement, below, requires no explanation except that I love the Kamo Hon Ami camellia and use it as often as I can.
I used a giant philodendron leaf, from which I removed all but one section and placed it in a donut shaped container. The mass of nandina domestica nana adds colour.
I remember making the arrangement, below, as I was trying to find a different way to use aspidistra leaves. I had cut an asymmetric V shape at the top of the leaves and placed them in a row with the taller ones at the front, graduating to the shortest at the back. The berries are from nandina domestica.
The wall arrangement, below, has a winter theme. The bare branches are magnolia soulangiana and the rest are camellias and cotoneaster berries.
The small arrangement, below, is made with beefsteak begonia leaves and a rose in a lopsided vase.
I used jonquil leaves and flowers in the next arrangement. The leaves have been wired and twisted to give a windswept look.
I used floating, cotoneaster berries inside the glass decanter as well as a stem with berries at the tip. The black material is a thick wire.
I made the vase in the next arrangement in the early days of my ikebana journey, when I was quite inexperienced. I have since learnt that the less pattern on a container, the more useable it is. However, I do like it and use it, almost exclusively, with dry, ZN flax flowers.
Bye for now,
Emily








No comments:
Post a Comment