Hello all,
The arrangement, above, features two of my favourite materials - dogwood (cornus Norman Haddon) and hydrangeas.
In the one, below, it was the shape of the oak branch that dictated the container and the style. It is a Variation no 4 hanging style. The flowers are dahlias.
The next arrangement is a more elaborate one and took a long time to make. I created bamboo triangles using bamboo that was sprayed white and the smaller ones sprayed gold. I, then, joined the triangles to create the shapes and added the roses to complete the arrangement.
I love agave. It's such a strong, sculptural material. I used it in the arrangement, below, which fits the theme 'Using One Kind of Material'.
The next, contemporary arrangement was made using strelitzia nicolai flowers after the white petals have died and been removed, leaving the very sculptural parts.
The next arrangement is on the theme 'A Composition Expressing a Movement'. I'm hoping the movement of 'Flying' is recognizable. The materials are - a giant philodendron leaf, severely trimmed and crucifix orchids.
Bamboo is a very versatile material and I love using it and I'm always looking for different ways to use it. Below is one way. The arrangement is in a treasured container as it used to belong to my friend Gwen Delves.
I found the branches in the arrangement, bellow, on the side of the road and I don't know from which tree they came. The flowers are peones.
Bye for now,
Emily


No comments:
Post a Comment