The celebratory arrangement, above, was made using dry branches, one coloured black and the other white. The fresh materials were disbud chrysanthemums and cotoneaster berries.
The stems in the glass arrangement, below, are acanthus, as is the small leaf. The flowers a crucifix orchids.
The autumnal coloured material in the next arrangement is a strawberry stem with hydrangeas at the back.
I, also, used agave in the next arrangement but this time it is much smaller and secondary to the container. The magnolia flower is partially hidden, again, to allow the container to shine.
I look at this next arrangement with sadness because my garrya elliptica tree has since died, thanks to some careless plumbers.
I had to wire the jonquil leaves in the next arrangement, so that I could shape them this way. The arum lily finished the piece.
The arum lilies in the arrangement, below, have been manipulated by me when they were buds to create these curves. At the mouth of the container I placed arum leaves.
I have a large patch of monstera deliciosa plants, so I can afford to cut some even before they unfurl. I love the ceramic container but I avoid using it too often because it is a little unstable.
My sister, Lucy, had gifted me the aluminium, art piece, below. Here I used it as a container on the wall. I used a camellia and Portuguese laurel berries.
Bye for now,
Emily










No comments:
Post a Comment