Monday 20 July 2020


Hello all,
Enforced rest has led me to become a veritable couch potato, so I was looking for activities I could do whilst sitting down. One such activity was to use this very fine, orange coloured cane to create triangles, then I joined them together to form this structure. Apart from some jonquils, camellias are about the only other flowers in my garden, so I used them with some oranges to complete the arrangement.

I did quite a lot of pruning recently, including the geranium, which had some coloured leaves and, of course, had to be put to use in ikebana.

Geranium and rose in lacquered vase

Sometimes it's nice to go back to basics. So I made this basic upright nageire with the geranium stems and used some leucadendron flowers from my rather small plant. When I photographed it, however, I noticed that the colours were too similar and replaced the leucadendrons with yellow camellias.


























I used jonquils in the next two arrangements, not just the flowers but also the leaves, which I wired to enable me to shape them.




Paying attention to the shape of the container


I'm still learning how to use equisetum. It's not nearly as easy as it appears in some books. Here's one attempt with small gymea leaves and iris.


Bye for now,
Emily






























No comments:

Post a Comment