Monday 2 March 2020

Hydrangea and Cathedral begonia 
Hello all.

The arrangement, above, is an example of the lesson in Book 4 - 'Paying Attention to the Container and to the Place where the Arrangement will be put.


I went walking down the street, with secateurs in hand, and went past the row of cypress trees, which I normally ignore. They're not my favourite trees. This time I thought I'd challenge myself to make an arrangement using something I don't particularly like. I struggled a little to secure the heavy branches in this spherical vase, then added the hydrangeas and echinops adenocaulos. It doesn't thrill me.

Left over hawthorn berries from another arrangement, Altissimo rose and wisteria
sprayed white
Garlic flowers

Japanese flowering quince with fruit and gloriosa lily

























I can recommend growing garlic for its flowers. They're very easy to grow and last well as cut flowers. The arrangement, above, lasted for a number of weeks, despite the fact that the water had evaporated and the flowers had dried.

I leave you with this arrangement in my new container, in which I used Equisetum, loosely intertwined, roses and sedum.

Bye for now,
Emily










No comments:

Post a Comment