|If you're thinking I manipulated these|
Kniphofias, you'd be right
At our last class I had set the theme 'The challenge of the new'. I had attended a class with this theme run by Iemoto in Tokyo, where we are to use containers we have not used before. Therein lies the challenge.
This is my arrangement and, I have to admit, I found it a lot more challenging than I expected.The bamboo containers are very heavy and chunky, so finding appropriate material was not easy. Also, they were designed as candle holders so the knot is high leaving a shallow area for placement of the material and necessitating the use of kenzans.
|You may remember this arrangement|
from my previous post. Siberian
dogwood and belladonnas
|With the passage of time, the dead flowers were replaced|
with sedum and miniature Japanese iris leaves. But the delightful
surprise was the dogwood that sprouted leaves that look like butterflies
My husband, Sam and I are flying to Tokyo this week and, hopefully, my next post will be from there but I'll leave you now with this playful little arrangement.
|Segment of palm leaf and rose|
Bye for now,