Monday 8 April 2024

8TH APRIL, 2024

 



Hello all,

Well, you've seen the flyer and it's quite self explanatory. My students and I are excited and working hard towards it. I hope to see some of you there. 

Back to class. The advanced students were asked to make a celebratory arrangement for Easter. 

The arrangement, below, is mine. I started with the container because of its egg like shape. I then added some purple statice, being the Easter colour for the Greek Orthodox Church and Japanese anemones with the amaranthus draping in front. I had died the Easter eggs some years ago and are now dry on the inside and quite light.


We had the pleasure of a guest student, Patricia Borrie (Patsy), from Christchurch at our last class. As an overseas traveller she could not bring anything and had to use my containers and materials from my garden. She said it was challenging for her to arrive unprepared but once she got started, she quite enjoyed it. She chose two,S-shaped containers, one on top of the other. Her materials were hydrangeas, gloriosa lilies and amaranthus.


Vicky used an exquisite, newly acquired vase by John Stroomer. She used oriental lilies and a kiwi vine coloured navy, from which she hung pale blue ornamental Easter eggs.


Nicole is particularly fond of pink. She had sprayed a branch silver and hung from it Easter eggs in mauve coloured foil.She added hydrangeas and pink and silver mizuhiki.


Having finished early, Nicole made another arrangement using one of my containers and materials from my garden.



Bredenia had a couple of stems of tamarillo with small red fruit hanging from them, looking a lot like died Easter eggs. Behind her yellow vase she placed a smaller one with a mass of miniature marigolds.



Wendy's class theme was 'Paying Attention to the View from Above'. She used branches of swan plant (Gomphocarpus physocarpus), gerberas and sprigs of powton tree seed pods in a ceramic tsubo vase.


Lei's class theme was 'Arrangement Expressing a Movement'. She found branches with interesting curves which she painted red. She added gypsophila and delicate little sasanqua camellias in a ceramic vase. The movement she wanted to express was 'Rising'.



I leave you with this little arrangement using the fruit of my evergreen dogwood (cornus capitata) and hydrangeas in a glass vase.


Bye for now,
Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment