Monday 30 January 2023

30th January, 2023

 


Hello all,

The piece of nandina domestica nana, above was broken accidently and was the beginning of the arrangement, above. The agapanthus is one I manipulated to create that curve. The ceramic container has a metallic finish on the top half and black on the lower half.

My next door neighbour's Port St John Creeper (Podranea ricasoliana) grows vigorously over our fence and is now in flower. The flowers tend to drop quite quickly but I enjoy using them even for their short duration.

I used a metal container selected for its curved shape to reflect the curves of the vine. I added a small mahonia leaf.



In the wall arrangement, below, I used a mass of the pale pink, Port St John creeper flowers and another mass of darker pink hydrangeas. The branch material is from a Ficus Benjamina plant I have growing at the front door and which needed trimming. It has an interesting, weeping form.



In the next arrangement, using the same wall container, I used blue agapanthus and crocosmia.


I have my cousin, Nick to thank for the next two arrangements. He brought me this palm inflorescence which is partially dried with the inner parts still green. I managed to secure it in this ceramic container and added gloriosa lilies to one side, creating asymmetry in a very symmetrical piece.


He, also, brought me, among other goodies, these cycad fronds, which I placed in the asymmetric, resin container and added the red berries of Arum Itlicum pictum. 


Bye for now,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment