Monday 5 July 2021

Symbiosis #2 and #3



Hello all,

My tropical bird of paradise (strelitzia nicolai) is flowering again and I managed to cut one flower using my extendable cutter. Usually Sam climbs a ladder to reach these stunning blooms for me but I'd rather save him the effort and the risk, if I can.

After the successful sale of my first, garden, sculpture, 'Symbiosis', I was encouraged to make two more. I used the same materials, that is polished aluminium and rusted steel. Again, I had hoped that they would have been exhibited at The Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show, in March this year and, again, Covid put paid to that. So, now, they are gracing my garden, one at the front and one at the back of the house. There is the possibility of exhibiting them at the Bulleen Art and Garden Centre.

The three photographs, below, are Different views of 'Symbiosis #2'





The next two photos are of 'Symbiosis #3'.




I mentioned last week that Vicky and Peter brought me some silver birch branches. Here's one more arrangement using this material. The anthurium is from a pot that I have growing in the dining room.

The wattles are starting to flower all around this area and I cut a couple of stems, one in full flower and one in bud. I used the one in full flower as a mass with a sunflower and in a yellow vase, fitting the theme of 'Colours in a Similar Tonal Range'. It can, also, fit the theme 'Mass and Line'.


I, also, used it to rework a previous arrangement with agave.


Because of its lightness, I used the stem that is just in bud in this basket arrangement. I had to remove almost all the leaves that grow along the stem at the base of each individual flower stem as they looked too dense and heavy. I used Brushfield's Yellow camellias as the hikae making a Variation No 4 Slanting style nageire arrangement. I trimmed the camellia leaves, as well because they looked too heavy in comparison with the wattle stem.


Bye for now,
Emily











No comments:

Post a Comment