Sunday 17 January 2021

Zoom Demonstration January, 2021

 

Glass arrangement - gloriosa lily in two glass containers
Hello all,

Well, the zoom demonstration, for which I've been preparing for some time, is over and, judging by the comments on Facebook and messages to me personally, it was well received. I want to thank all of you, who have taken the time to give me such positive feedback. It means a great deal and I will endeavour to answer all your messages. Unfortunately, as I'm not on Facebook, I can't reply to those comments. But I do thank you, most sincerely. By the way, for those who have missed it but would like to see it, it can be seen on YouTube 

https://youtu.be/ZRaB-3wEpi8

Or Facebook

 https://www.facebook.com/ikebanainternationalmumbaichapter

Following are photographs of all the arrangements of the demo in the order they were made.

Fan Aloe in glass container
Agapanthus and nandina domestica nana in ceramic container

Wooden structure made from dried flower stem of New Zealand Flax
Hydrangeas and crucifix orchids in ceramic container

Dried and sprayed agapanthus, mahonia and alstroemeria psittacina
in ceramic container


Garlic flowers and bromeliad leaves in
self made ceramic container


For the next arrangement using strelitzia nicolai and a gymea leaf I'm including two different views because one can't do it justice. I'm very grateful to my sister-in-law, Betty for providing me with the flower because mine are past their best.
Front view


Side view

Valentine's Day Arrangement

Hearts made of agapanthus stems, roses, gypsophila and
chocolates

The container in this next arrangement is an up-side-down fruit bowl with a small tsubo vase on top. Because of all the drama in the container, I used only one flower, a Crucifix orchid, to complete the arrangement.



Manipulated alium flowers in a kintsugi-repaired ceramic vase

For my finale I made a large arrangement using Australian natives on a very strong, black, perforated metal structure. I had used this structure at our last Ikebana International exhibition in a very modern way, using just gymea leaves bent through it. This time I used it very differently. I wanted to contrast the strength of the structure with the softness of floral material.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I was not sure of the names of some of the native material because I don't grow them myself. Still, that's not a good excuse - I should have looked them up. I'm grateful to one participant who wrote and gave me the names, making it much easier for me to check them out.

The materials were - Cootamundra wattle, Corimbia ficifolia, Banksia baxteri, Kangaroo paw and dietes leaves.


I must say, one more time, how grateful I am to Mrs Taruna Agarwal of Mumbai Chapter for inviting me to do this demo and for organising everything so well. It was a new experience from which I learnt quite a lot.

The greatest challenge for me in this demonstration was trying to visualise an audience when all I could see was the laptop screen with me in it. I've done many demonstrations and feel comfortable doing them but I've always had feedback from the audience. Without that, it was quite surreal. 

Bye for now,
Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment