Tuesday 2 January 2024

2ND JANUARY, 2024

 


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

On 20th December we had our class Christmas lunch at Melissa Cafe, where we enjoyed a delicious lunch and exchanged Kris Kringle gifts. Above is a photo of the group minus our Shaneen, who left before it occurred to us to take a photo.

On that morning, before our lunch, two very keen students requested a lesson and I was happy to oblige.

Wendy's class theme was 'Special Occasions,Places or Scenes'. She chose a dinner table arrangement, which she kept low and made sure could be viewed from all sides.


Lei's theme was 'Glass Containers'. She used a large, square, glass vase into which she placed two agapanthus inflorescences and one outside.


And now for some news about 'Love Flower'. You may recall the sculpture, the design for which I had collaborated with John Meade, and which had been on the Peninsula Link exit of Cranbourne Road for the last four years. I has just been moved to McClelland Sculpture Park and Gallery. Below are two photos of its current position.



To coincide with this move, the gallery has an exhibition called JOHN MEADE: IT'S PERSONAL.

The next two photos are of me admiring John's work. The photographer of these and the following two photos is Kinfolk Imagery.















As John's collaborator with the Love Flower, I was asked by the gallery to put up two ikebana installations for the exhibition opening and beyond.



John and me beside my installation

Below is the photograph (taken by me) of my second piece at the exhibition.



To those of you, who are not familiar with McClelland Sculpture Park and Gallery, I strongly recommend that you visit it. We are quite privileged to have such a wonderful place to enjoy all kinds of sculptures outdoors, right here in Melbourne. There's also a gallery, gift shop and a delightful cafe for lunch or coffee, which is often busy, so if you wish to visit it, I suggest you book. There's a pond surrounded by lush green lawn with giant sculptures, on which picnics can be enjoyed.

I'm looking forward to taking the family during the school holidays.

Bye for now,

Emily







1 comment:

  1. Wow, the sculpture looks amazing in that location, It really stands out and is beautiful. I really like your two arrangements at the gallery.

    ReplyDelete