Monday 18 December 2023

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

 Hello all,

This year I had Christmas cards made using photographs of a number of my arragemens. I sent them to friends and relatives that I will not be seeing on Christmas day. To you, my readers, I'm sending the photo, above, together with my best wishes for a joyous Christmas and a truly happy new year.

I made a number of Christmas themed arrangements, two of which I forgot to photograph, to give to friends.

The first one is for Su, my nail technician. I used a dried strelitzia leaf that I had sprayed gold, a strelitzia reginae flower and white hydrangeas.


The next one is for my friend, Anne, who is usually very generous at Christmas. A naturalistic arrangement for her.


The next two are just for me. In the first I used a spent strelitzia nicolai which I sprayed half in gold and the other half in silver. Calla lilies, pine and mizuhiki complete the arrangement.


This next one is earmarked for a narrow space in the powder room. It is a dried and sprayed gold strelitzia leaf and one calla lily.

In the beginning of the year I made the mistake of allowing a man with secateurs in my garden. Despite very specific instructions to remove the elm suckers, he went and removed all of my raspberry plants and most of my clematis. By the way, I apologise to those men who are more restrained when using cutters. I'm sure there are some of you out there, I just haven't met any.

Anyway, nature is indestructible and little shoots of the clematis have grown and even produced flowers, to my great delight. Arranging them, however, is quite challenging because, as a vine, the stems grow downwards. I go and move the vines onto adjacent trees and shrubs so that the flowers may grow upwards.


And, before I leave you because it is 11.00 pm and my hysterical yawns have started, I wanted to share this photo of a visitor in my garage climbing onto my drill bag.

I usually publish my blog on Monday nights. I doubt that I'll be doing so next week, after hosting Christmas for about 35 people. I hope you'll forgive me.

Bye for now,

Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment